Green Beauty Ethos
Our company environmental sustainability policy is the Antipodes Green Beauty Ethos. It's the ethical roadmap by which we steer every major decision. In it we promise you that:
- Antipodes limits its impact on the environment.
- Antipodes limits human exposure to synthetic or toxic chemicals.
- We favour the use of certified organic ingredients where there is a suitable and reliable source.
- Otherwise, we use premium natural ingredients sourced from sustainable and pollution-free origins.
- Our aspiration is creating cosmetics that are not only environmentally friendly but safely biodegradable.
- We commit to independent certification that verifies our green beauty status, such as organic and vegetarian, to prove we are genuine and trustworthy.
- We favour packaging that’s recyclable and biodegradable.
- Business partners and charities are chosen for their similar ethics, and we forge long-term, trustworthy relationships with them.
What is green beauty?
‘Green beauty’ is a term in the cosmetics industry that refers to organic and natural skincare and makeup.
In this increasingly ‘green-washed’ industry – whereby some products are marketed to be much more environmentally friendly than they actually are – Antipodes is a genuine green beauty brand.
For example, our premium natural ingredients are stringently selected for being safe for humans and the environment. And we always verify the status of our organic products to you with independent certification.
Economic sustainability is one of the three components of the ‘triple bottom line’ of company sustainability. Here’s what that means to us.
Discover how our partnership is a world-first for the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF)
We’re proud to meet Air New Zealand’s strict criteria for an environmentally friendly supplier
Antipodes is committed to sourcing premium, sustainable ingredients for our natural skincare range
We are the only beauty brand in the world to be selected by the World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) as an official partner
Antipodes skincare and makeup is approved by the Vegetarian Society of the United Kingdom
We present the best in the world to the rest of the world
Natural and organic skin care brand Antipodes, made its first appearance at the Cannes Film Festival last month.
We're delighted to share our latest video, showcasing our skin-brightening range as well as some beautiful New Zealand nature.
Keep an eye out for the cabs zooming around central London wrapped in the distinctive green wallpaper print Antipodes® uses on its packaging from Sunday April 1.
It may seem counter-intuitive to apply mud to your skin in order to cleanse it, but the skin-enhancing benefits of mineral-rich mud have been harnessed for beauty treatments all over the world for centuries.
Elizabeth Barbalich appeared in The Standard in early April.
The eye-catching London black cabs covered in Antipodes® distinctive green wallpaper print are creating a buzz in the English capital as the green beauty brand increases its profile there.
Antipodes devotees in the French capital have been treated to a stunning vegetarian pop-up space in the heart of the flagship Printemps department store, a new beauty concept for the luxury chain.